[coreboot] Booting live OS from encrypted LUKS partition in GRUB2

Thomasheidler thomasheidler at protonmail.ch
Sat Sep 30 10:37:55 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have GRUB2 as a payload in coreboot and I am trying to have it load Trisquel 7.0 Live (Test Trisquel without installing) from an encrypted LUKS partition on a USB flash drive. I am able to decrypt the LUKS container and GRUB finds the Trisquel ISOLINUX menu, but fails to load the OS. When I try to manually boot it with commands (linux, initrd, boot) it starts loading the kernel, but then halts when it detects the USB flash drive and drops into BusyBox.

Does anybody know how to overcome this problem and properly boot Trisquel in live mode from an encrypted LUKS partition in GRUB?

Thanks.