[coreboot] Coreboot+SeaBios Boot speed: ~12sec till Grub Boot Screen

One7two99 one7two99 at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:47:53 CEST 2017

Hello Martin,

>> You don"t have serial console enabled, so that"s not the issue.
>> I would recommend going into the console menu and enabling "Send
>> console output to a CBMEM buffer".
>> Once you boot to an OS, you"ll be able to see that with cbmem, which
>> needs to be run as root.

Ok thank you for the idea, as I am running Qubes OS on my X230, I must install coreboot in dom0 (the core vm, where no other software should be running/installed).
I think I'll try to use cbmem from an ubuntu which runs on a USB-drive, so that I don't have to touch my Qubes Installation.

>> Everything looks ok in the config to me, so I"m not positive what
>> the issue is. We"d need to get a bit deeper into things to figure it out.

As mentioned my current configuration is far from beeing perfect, as my secondary payloads are shown in the coreboot (escape-key) menu but if I select them, they don't seem to work (blank screen).

I think that I've made something wrong splitting the compiled Coreboot.rom on my two Chips (4MB + 12MB) or that I am missing some other configuration steps after I've changed my CBFS from 0x10000 to 0x40000.
If you/someone can provide any guidance here, this would be great.

Before I try to reduce the bootup time I'd like to get a fully working coreboot including secondary payloads (mainly to use the "View Timestamps" feature).

kind regards

[799]