[coreboot] Coreboot+SeaBios Boot speed: ~12sec till Grub Boot Screen

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 25 09:17:26 CEST 2017

Dear 17299,

First, please just sent plain text messages to mailing lists.

Am Sonntag, den 24.09.2017, 17:32 -0400 schrieb One7two99 via coreboot:

> Booting to my Grub Selection screen takes ~12sec on my X230, loosing lots of second from pressing the Power Button to the "Hit Escape Key" message from SeaBios.
> Are there any options to accelerate this and what are you Booting times to the Grub OS selection screen?

Unfortunately, you do not provide any logs, making it hard to see where
it fails. So, please reply with the following information.

   1. Your coreboot configuration (`.config`).
   2. The output of `build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom print`.
   3. Build the utility cbmem with `make -C util/cbmem`.
   4. The output of `./util/cbmem/cbmem -c`.
   5. The output of `./util/cbmem/cbmem -t`.

Thanks,

Paul