[coreboot] Coreboot on X230 and Dualboot / How to make it work

One7two99 one7two99 at protonmail.com
Sat Sep 23 16:09:32 CEST 2017

Hello,

After some initial help from Lynxis/AFRA Berlin I got my X230 initial flashed with coreboot.
After getting the proper equipment I have now also reflashed several time both Chips to understand how the build and flashing process works.
Booting Linux/Qubes is working great with Coreboot. Also no impact on Peripherals like LTE card, battery runtime.

I would like to rebuild my Coreboot now so that it supports dualbooting (Linux / Windows).

Most howtos for the X230 only cover the flashing without supporting graphical boot.
The wiki page http://www.coreboot.org/VGA_support seem to cover some part, but is not specific to the X230.

Has someone build coreboot including the support for graphics from startup to be able to boot into windows?

I'm interested in what to choose in "make menuconfig" and where to get the vga bios rom for the x230, I would then condense the information in a X230 How-to for Dualboot-Setup.

[799]