[coreboot] How is depreciating 95% of coreboot boards worth it for such minor improvements?

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:52:44 CEST 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM, David Hendricks
<david.hendricks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Piotr Król <piotr.krol at 3mdeb.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2. Is cbmem required ? (Geode LX do not have support for cpufreq -
>> cbmem complains)

I can help you to get these to EARLY_CBMEM_INIT. That's the first
obstacle with Geode. It's recommended that coreboot would store the
timebase / TSC information so that cpufreq support is not needed in
kernel. I have some on-going work on AMD timestamps anyways.

> Yes, though hopefully we can patch cbmem to deal with this. I am only
> guessing but it seems it will fail in arch_tick_frequency()? Is there a way
> of differentiating Geode from other architectures and determining ticks per
> second?
>

>> 3. There is seem to be some glitches in the system - not sure if
>> triggered by us eg. alix.6 bootlog link seems to be broken.
>

> More details will help.

Do you mean supported boards table, and the 3rd column from left for
ALIX 2C or ALIX 6 has invalid links? That would not be your fault.
When alix.2d was pushed to board_status, it also refreshes .2c and .6
entries even when they don't exist as individual updates on the wiki.

Kyösti