[coreboot] Berlin Meeting 21. Sep Thursday @afra_berlin

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Mon Sep 18 04:02:38 CEST 2017

Hi,

the x230 is quite good working,
... but recently some boards died (I know from 2 boards over the last
years). I'm still not sure why they died, but rumors that the EC
firmware ran into a bug when doing In-Circuit flashing.

I've an x230 myself and never managed to trigger that bug. I would
recommend you to update the EC to the newest firmware. The EC firmware
is updated together with the bios, so updating the vendor bios/uefi is
enough.

We can also desolder your spi chip, programm it and put it back. But
that's also a way I wouldn't recommend doing to often.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604