[coreboot] Unable to build futility on 32-bit userspace

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Thu Sep 14 12:18:27 CEST 2017

Hi,

Le jeudi 31 août 2017 à 16:32 -0700, Julius Werner a écrit :
> FWIW, there should be no reason to build crossystem as part of
> coreboot's compile-time utilities at all. crossystem is a helper meant
> to run on the target device (the one that uses vboot-enabled
> firmware), it doesn't make any sense to have it on the build machine.
> We should fix the Makefiles so that they don't even pull this in, so
> that coreboot can also be built on architectures that crossystem
> doesn't support at all (e.g. SPARC or whatever). futility itself just
> does some crypto stuff and should have no architecture-specific
> components.

I totally agree with this, so I've submitted a patch to vboot in that
direction. It fixes the Makefile to make futility independent from the
crossystem parts:

https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/platform/vboot_reference/+/666625

Happy code review!

--
Paul Kocialkowski,

developer of free digital technology and hardware support.

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/