[coreboot] INT 13, real mode, block write commands and coreboot

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:36:11 CEST 2017

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:02 PM, ingegneriaforense at alice.it
<ingegneriaforense at alice.it> wrote:

> However, Raspberry hasn't SATA ports, only USBs.

You can use usb/sata dongle or enclosure if you won't mind the slight
(if usb3 + uasp) performance hit. USB2 won't be practical, due to very
limited bandwidth.

The dd command will work on USB/sata too.

> Please, can you suggest me a SBC like Raspy that also allows SATA
> connections (eSATA) ?

I don't remember if I saw any that has real SATA, (i.e. not an on-board
usb/sata). There ought to be some...

Be careful to choose one that also has native Gbps ethernet, and not
on-board usb/eth chip.

The on-boar usb/something designs are often multiplexed on a single
usb port, so that the bandwith is shared between all devices, that will
kill your performance.

There is a lot of information about those topics on the Armbian site &
forum, see [1]

> Important is that the SBC support UBUNTU / UBUNTU-like
> O.S.

There is an ubuntu flavored armbian, have a look there:

[1] https://www.armbian.com/

--
Vincent Legoll