[coreboot] INT 13, real mode, block write commands and coreboot

ingegneriaforense at alice.it ingegneriaforense at alice.it
Thu Sep 7 20:02:16 CEST 2017

Dear Vincent,
dear guys

thanks very much for your reply.

>I don't own a raspi, just another SBC like it.
I think that the embedded solution is the best.
However, Raspberry hasn't SATA ports, only USBs.
Please, can you suggest me a SBC like Raspy that also allows SATA connections (eSATA) ? Important is that the SBC support UBUNTU / UBUNTU-like O.S.

>There is no PC BIOS on it, there is firmware for booting, but (I may be wrong) it is not active after boot.
In fact, this is the important thing; I need of a system whose firmware for booting is not active after boot.

>The automounting of partitions is a property of the operating system, so you should make sure to disable it if you don't want your usb keys to be automounted
Ok, I'm agree with you. I have no problem to block the automounting for UBUNTU / UBUNTU-like O.S. In fact my aim is to use:

 dd if=/dev/sdX of=$HOME/usbkeyimage.raw bs=1M

to make an image of the suspect drive.

I hope to hear you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Vincenzo.

Forensic Consultant
Tribunale di Lecce

Studio: Strada di Garibaldi - Contrada Paradisi
73010 Lequile (LE)

cell: 339.7968555
skype: vincenzo.di_salvo