[coreboot] Owner-controlled POWER9 Talos II [was: Disabling Intel ME 11 via undocumented mode]

Rene Shuster rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Wed Sep 6 20:05:27 CEST 2017

Thanks for sharing this info.

So the 4x SATA ports are optional and powered by PM8069, and they will only
be present if you checkbox the "Integrated Microsemi SAS Controller
(Proprietary)" on the purchase page, correct? Or in other words: if you
don't checkbox "Integrated Microsemi SAS Controller (Proprietary)" you will
receive a board with no SATA ports?

How is the Samsung NVMe drive physically connected (M.2/U.2 or PCIe slot)?
What model# is it?

So BCM it is. They have a pretty thorough Diagnostic for their NICs. I'm
using it on some of our servers when it's time to run diagnostics. It's DOS
based (but they have an UEFI version as well) and it does check quite a few
things ("Register Tests, Memory Tests, Miscellaneous Tests, Data Tests,
Cable Tests, APE Register Tests and APE Diagnostics Tests"). For the
BCM5719 the diag is located here:
https://docs.broadcom.com/docs-and-downloads/docs/eula_download/570x/B57udiag-17.2.03.zip
It includes the B57Diag.pdf which might be of interest for anyone who wants
to reverse engineer the fw.

--
Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group