[coreboot] About Paging, Realmode and what is going on

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:25:21 CEST 2017

> But a bootloader built as a payload could also be built to use BIOS
> interfaces. GRUB is one example of this.

Let us assume the following configuration:
FSP -> Coreboot -> Payload: GRUB2 -> Linux

No legacy interrupts, correct? So, what is this for the architecture? CSM?
UEFI look alike?

I assume, the Linux image on the HDD/SSD was installed far before as CSM,
so there is already existing MBR, and some CSM implemented legacy services
(INTs) already exist, am I correct?

I assume UEFI installed Linux would NOT run, since GRUB2 will be not able
to find MBR... I assume GRUB2 as payload to Coreboot assumes MBR/Legacy (by
default) implementation.

Any comments on what I wrote here? ;-)

Zoran