[coreboot] [KGPE-D16] No video output with Ati x600se GPU

aether aether at disroot.org
Mon Oct 16 08:05:04 CEST 2017

Hello,

> No, afaik the VGA rom is only needed for native gfx init on (some) devices
> with embedded graphics but not for add-on pci(e) cards.

Ok.

> It seems like you are not using SeaBIOS. Normally, Seabios initializes PCI devices.
> Are you sure you are using the same coreboot configuration that worked fine for your GTX660
> with this ATI card or did you rebuild/reflash coreboot inbetween?

It is the same rom I was using with the GTX660. No changes.
Seabios was starting fine, menu quickly appeared after coreboot init was done.

I don't have enough knowledge to interpret cbmem output but I was wondering
if something was wrong before Seabios payload execution ? Is the Ati card detected ?
Only Aspeed VGA controller seems to be recognized.

Also, what is meaning of this :

"link_width=2, lane_mask=ffPcieLinkTraining port=c:lc current state=2030506" ?

----

Thank you,

aether