[coreboot] OCP Winterfell, NERF, Linux and u-root (was: Ability to remotely debug the grub menu in case of boot failure)

Rene Shuster rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Mon Oct 9 13:51:13 CEST 2017

Haven't heard of it either, so looked it up Friday:
* https://trmm.net/NERF
* https://firmwaresecurity.com/2017/10/02/more-on-google-nerf
* WiWynn (codename: Winterfell):
http://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Server/SpecsAndDesigns

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 5:40 AM, Paul Menzel <
paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Dear Ron,
>

> Am Freitag, den 06.10.2017, 16:10 +0000 schrieb ron minnich:
> > 2 weeks ago I started an OCP winterfell node booting this way. This was
> > NERF with linux and u-root in flash.  it was about 20 seconds for a full
> > cycle of linux in flash, dhclient, wget, kexec. I ran it 10,000 times,
> got
> > bored, turned it off. It works really, really well.
>
> Do you have more information about that system, and the setup? I’d be
> very much interested in that.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul
> --

Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>