[coreboot] Ability to remotely debug the grub menu in case of boot failure

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:54:23 CEST 2017

> as always, your other other choice is to use linux in flash as a
bootstrap, and then have the full spectrum of x-over-network solutions that
you get from that. That's my new (old) approach nowadays.

Hello Ron,

As my best understanding, Ron, you would like to have Linux kernel with
initramfs as payload, and then to pass execution thread to GRUB2.

[1] Am I correct?
[2] If [1] is Y, how you'll pass thread of execution to grub2?
     [A] in UEFI case, how you'll execute grubx64.efi (this case is anyhow
impossible to do), since payload MUST be Tiano Core/EDK2???
     [B] How you'll pass it in the legacy case? How you will from Linux
access MBR and transfer thread of execution there (to boot core.img with
modules at the address 0000:7c00)?!

Or maybe, I am not getting something here?

Thank you,
Zoran
_______