[coreboot] Owner-controlled POWER9 Talos II [was: Disabling Intel ME 11 via undocumented mode]

Rene Shuster rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Mon Oct 2 20:30:12 CEST 2017

600-page documentation about the BCM5718 Family:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:broadcom.com+5718+programmer's+reference+guide

Quote:
"This document covers the BCM5718 family of NetXtreme / NetLink Ethernet
controllers. This family of controllers includes the following devices:
• BCM5717
• BCM5718
• BCM5719
• BCM5720
The document focuses on the registers, control blocks, and software
interfaces necessary for host software programming."

Look like fantastic documentation. Is there no such thing as the EFF
starting a fundraiser/crowdfunding campaign, then hiring appropriate
firmware engineers and coming with with an open-source fw? In a perfect
world yes.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Timothy Pearson <
tpearson at raptorengineering.com> wrote:

--
Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group