[coreboot] Is Goryachy's JTAG hack a chance for free firmware ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult info at metux.net
Thu Nov 30 18:57:32 CET 2017

On 30.11.2017 10:44, Taiidan at gmx.com wrote:
> It doesn't matter - Intel will simply fix this exploit leaving you back
> where you started and in the end you would still be supporting them
> monetary to make bigger and better methods of anti-feature
> technology...there also isn't any way to be sure that the hypothetical
> ME uber-rootkit isn't simply placating you (ie: a faux shell) and is
> still spying on you without you noticing.

In the long run, you're correct. We'll have to move to different
architectures anyways. I've got good experience w/ ARMs and I'm
currently trying to bring people together to build hi performance
ARM cluster boards (kind of single board mainframe).

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info at metux.net -- +49-151-27565287