[coreboot] Is Goryachy's JTAG hack a chance for free firmware ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult info at metux.net
Thu Nov 30 18:54:50 CET 2017

On 30.11.2017 07:40, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:

> You can fully use UEFI BIOS without any signatures. With so-called slim
> TXE engine.

Can we completely replace UEFI w/o any signatures ?

And what about ME ? I've read that the cpu itself verifies the
signature of ME firmware, so we cant completely replace it.
If it would be possible to read out the privkey or burn in another
one, that blockade would be fallen.

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult