[coreboot] Is Goryachy's JTAG hack a chance for free firmware ?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Thu Nov 30 10:44:04 CET 2017

It doesn't matter - Intel will simply fix this exploit leaving you back
where you started and in the end you would still be supporting them
monetary to make bigger and better methods of anti-feature
technology...there also isn't any way to be sure that the hypothetical
ME uber-rootkit isn't simply placating you (ie: a faux shell) and is
still spying on you without you noticing.

The future is not x86-64, think 10 years ago when everyone said there
would never be any games for linux - now there are many native
non-emulated AAA games available.

I believe some day soon we will see a POWER laptop, even 5 years ago
people would say that something like TALOS 2 couldn't be done and look
where we are now! (Let us hope those with the funds and need for that
level of performance will get one instead of an x86-64 system)
If enough people have POWER systems the market will emerge for a mobile
workstation to support development operations.