[coreboot] Would This Work With Coreboot?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 29 03:01:17 CET 2017

Jay Goldfrapp wrote:
> Chipset Mobile Intel PM965

No. If you can do chipset development there exists a started 965
work-in-progress, which hasn't progressed in a couple of years.

> It has Intel AMT which I would like disabled. I heard that with older AMT
> implementations like this the flash can be slightly modified to disable.

This is not one of those. AFAIK there's no flash for the 965 AMT, but
I'm not completely sure on that. You'll have to study hard-to-find
documentation for the 965 chipset as well as the particular companion
LAN PCI chip on the mainboard.

> So using Coreboot seems a relatively safe way.

Don't ask what coreboot can do for you, ask what you can do for coreboot. ;)

//Peter