[coreboot] BIOS log in coreboot

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 23:27:46 CET 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM, ingegneriaforense at alice.it <
ingegneriaforense at alice.it> wrote:

> Hello Guys !
>
> I apologize with you if my question seems silly:
>
> can you tell me if Coreboot stores a log of the POST phase in its EPROM
> memory ?
>
> If so, is it possible to retrive the log by the Operative System  and read
> it ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Vincenzo.

There are a few ways you can log stuff in coreboot. Console output can be
stored in DRAM which can later be retrieved from the OS using the `cbmem`
tool, or written to SPI flash (warning: this is for debugging may cause
premature wear). POST codes can be saved to CMOS or sent to an external
device (such as an EC or other microcontroller) that can store them.
There's also an event log which uses a SMBIOS-like record format that is
written to flash.

Run `make menuconfig` and look under "Console" for more details.