[coreboot] Coreboot support on H8SGL-F

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Thu Nov 2 01:36:25 CET 2017

On 11/01/2017 08:06 AM, Lucian Cojocar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is coreboot working on the H8SGL-F motherboard[1] with AMD Opteron 6168
> (10h Family)?
Probably not, the code hasn't been modified since 2011.

I would just get a KGPE-D16, then you can use OpenBMC (it is very nice
to have) and benefit from the coreboot fam15h native init code that has
IOMMU for 62xx and 63xx CPU's.
> I know there is support for the H8SCM-F[2] board, which is very similar.
> The only difference between the two boards seems to be the socket. It
> seems there was some interest in this direction a while back ago[3].
G34 vs C32 is potato potatoe (same thing)
If you want quad socket you could probably port either board to the
native init code without much effort if you know what you are doing then
gain IOMMU support (that AGESA has no IOMMU support, it will also be
removed from coreboot soon due to some silly choices by the leadership
meaning you wouldn't be able to use these boards on the future released
versions even if they did work)