[coreboot] Coreboot Stickers

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu May 25 18:34:43 CEST 2017

Hi Rene,

Rene Shuster wrote:
> Where can I get Coreboot stickers?

You can use the artwork at https://www.coreboot.org/Logo to order
stickers in your favorite quality from a local supplier.

> What are your thoughts working together w/ UnixStickers.com, so that
> Coreboot would receive part of the sales as monthly donations (
> https://www.unixstickers.com/donations ).

I don't know unixstickers.com at all, but I think that sticker sales
are unlikely to make a big difference for the coreboot project, and
would cause more of an administrative burden than a benefit.

Hardware and firmware engineering has never been as divided as today,
and there is obvious interest to widen that gap.

I think it would be great if you made stickers and let more people
know about the coreboot project, but more importantly about firmware
engineering in general, to counter the current trend with high-end
hardware to increase secrecy, to make technology less accessible and
to separate producers from consumers.

Thanks!

//Peter