[coreboot] soc/amd/stoneyridge

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 00:37:13 CEST 2017

Greetings!

We want to bring to your attention   the following patches, which are the
start of an experiment to move AMD coreboot SOCs to the same structure as
other vendor SOCs.

https://review.coreboot.org/#/q/topic:soc_stoneyridge

The goals of the experiments are:
- to correct interfaces for each coreboot stage
- to leverage common coreboot drivers (which require the common soc
structure)
- to correct nagging issues in current implementations (cruft, bit-rot, etc)
- to provide an example for AMD silicon and mainboards moving forward

We recognize that these changes may may not be compatible with the current
binaryPI API (AGESA2008 a.k.a. v5), so the separation allows current AGESA
and binaryPI solutions to be maintained and developed independently. Once
stable, we expect that changes may be back-ported or older silicon brought
up to the new soc structure.

Feel free to comment on the specifics of the patches or discuss general
concerns or issues in this thread.

Regards,
Marc

--