[coreboot] What is the KGPE-D16 PCI audio device for?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed May 10 12:23:51 CEST 2017

On 05/10/2017 02:40 AM, BogDan Vatra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy a sound card, does anyone know if the Asus MIO-892
> sound card works on linux?
>
> Cheers,
> BogDan.
Yeah it does, but honestly you're wasting your money (its overpriced) if
you buy that you might as well get a regular PCI-e card and stick it in
the x4 as you'll be wasting an x16 PCI-e slot if you use asus's silly
MIO stuff (you have to install it in slot 1 on the d8/d16) and no other
boards have MIO so its stuck on one computer.

Its a crappy realtek chip, so it will work but it won't work well.

If I was you I'd get a used pci-e creative soundblaster x-fi, they have
great linux support from the company and the sound is way better than
the usual realtek or cmedia chips.