[coreboot] AMT bug

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed May 10 00:25:43 CEST 2017

On 05/09/2017 05:26 PM, Taiidan at gmx.com wrote:

> On 05/08/2017 12:40 AM, ron minnich wrote:
>

>> I am long past believing one can build secure platforms on any x86
>> chipset.
>> This mess only strengthens that conviction. But there are some great
>> RISC-V
>> announcements this week!
How come risv-v has no DMA security features? ala IOMMU? if you want to
do virtualization that is also a must have due to the performance
differential - you couldn't push 1gbps on a emulated NIC without serious
processing power.

I wish intel/amd had done their supervisor PU's as removable modules
like a hardware TPM, for security (theater) they could have a fuse on
the CPU that if blown will require the device to be present for the
computer to boot up but otherwise it isn't required at all. Easy way to
satisfy everyone.