[coreboot] Will we maintain Skylake/FSP1.1?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed May 10 00:09:00 CEST 2017

On 09.05.2017 17:19, Aaron Durbin via coreboot wrote:
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Nico Huber <nico.huber at secunet.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was walking through the Skylake FSP1.1 support in coreboot and asked
>> myself if it is worth to clean it up and maintain the code? given that
>> the upcoming release of Kabylake FSP should be able to supersede it (I
>> presume it is?). Are there any plans yet to drop it once the next FSP
>> is released? (when will that be anyway?)
>
> I wanted to get rid of it, but Intel claimed they had customers using it
> still.

Hmmm, if we touch the interface of the FSP driver, any downstream board
port that wants to keep track of upstream would have to be updated any-
way. Would be nice to know what these customers expect, and when and why
they synchronize with upstream.

>> Btw. does anybody feel like a maintainer for soc/intel/skylake/?
>
> Personally feel? Or want?

You mean if I'm interested? No, not atm. Would also depend on what this
discussion will lead to. I was actually asking more if I missed to CC
somebody.

Nico