[coreboot] Will we maintain Skylake/FSP1.1?

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Tue May 9 17:14:23 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was walking through the Skylake FSP1.1 support in coreboot and asked
myself if it is worth to clean it up and maintain the code? given that
the upcoming release of Kabylake FSP should be able to supersede it (I
presume it is?). Are there any plans yet to drop it once the next FSP
is released? (when will that be anyway?)

Btw. does anybody feel like a maintainer for soc/intel/skylake/?

In it's current state it's very hard to use from a mainboard porter's
point of view. Many of the selectable Kconfig settings are useless
(either don't compile or don't run) for FSP1.1, and there's a `struct
pei_data` [1] that seems to be a remnant of compatibility for a dif-
ferent blob ;)

Best regards,
Nico

PS. Microcode updates are also missing in the upstream blobs repo. Is
    that a licensing problem? If I try to download them from Intel, it
    asks me to click to accept that I'll prevent further distribution.
    I could prepare a patch to add them but somebody else would have
    to sign it off.

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/19638/