[coreboot] BIOSBits ...

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed May 3 20:08:57 CEST 2017

Hi Kashif,

On 02.05.2017 23:04, Kashif Ali wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We modified coreboot for the OpenCellular project and looking to have test
> suite for BIOS, specially during manufacturing. The OpenCellular is based
> on Intel Atom E3845, similar to minnowboard. I came across biosbits.org,
> have anyone tried this?. Is this the right approach or there is better
> approach to this?.

I've used BIOS bits years ago. Though stopped using it at some point in
time, maybe because it needs a BIOS? There is also the firwmare test-
suite [1] that I used a lot. IIRC, it's available as a package in Ubuntu
(fwts). As you are working with an Intel SoC, you might also want to run
CHIPSEC [2].

Hope that helps,
Nico

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FirmwareTestSuite/