[coreboot] Remote security exploit in all 2008+ Intel platforms

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue May 2 19:40:12 CEST 2017

On 02.05.2017 16:20, ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 3:54 AM Nico Huber <nico.huber at secunet.com> wrote:
>

>> You sound much like their advertisement.
>>

> OK, I'm done here. Have a nice project everyone. When people start making
> statements like this and accusing the project of being corrupt, it's time
> to stop reading a list.

Sorry Ron, I didn't write it to offend you. I just read their product
page before writing that stupid statement above. And that page seemed to
smash again empty promises into my face. That's no excuse for what I
wrote, just trying to explain how it happened.

Please understand that talking about Purism may still reawake bad fee-
lings. At the beginning they sold so much and shipped nothing. And
people believe that they have drawn customers away from vendors who
actually supported free firmware. By that, making people who wanted to
pay for free firmware pay for proprietary firmware instead.

At least this is how I remember the story. Obviously we have a very dif-
ferent view on it. And also how far x86 can be freed from blobs. I still
hope Purism will, in the end, accomplish more than you say is possible.

Nico