[coreboot] Remote security exploit in all 2008+ Intel platforms

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue May 2 01:22:29 CEST 2017

On 05/01/2017 06:44 PM, ron minnich wrote:

> On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 1:17 PM Rene Shuster <rene.shuster at bcsemail.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes Puri.sm has been debunked.
>>
> I disagree. I've seen the systems. From what I can see, Puri.sm has made a
> good faith effort to go as far possible *with modern x86 chipsets* toward
> getting rid of the blobs. They can't get to 100%, but they're trying to get
> as close as possible.
>
> ron
Name one thing that they have done themselves?

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3anjgm/on_the_librem_laptop_purism_doesnt_believe_in/
(yeah its leah but shes right about the coreboot community being corrupted)

Everything they "do" is someone elses code, and their "coreboot" has
zero actual init code it is entirely blobbed.

Their marketing is the only thing that is good.