[coreboot] Recommended memory for coreboot + ASUS KGPE-D16

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Mon May 1 17:21:15 CEST 2017

Hi BogDan,

> Run *dmidecode* and search for "Interleaved Data Depth" to check if
> the ram is running in quadchnnel mode you (check
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/215206/detect-number-of-ram-channels
> for more info on this matter). In your case you should have two
> "Interleaved Data Depth: 4"

Unfortunately, it seems like coreboot does not supply this in dmidecode (I X'd out the serial numbers):

Handle 0x0006, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
Physical Memory Array
        Location: System Board Or Motherboard
        Use: System Memory
        Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC
        Maximum Capacity: 256 GB
        Error Information Handle: Not Provided
        Number Of Devices: 16

Handle 0x0007, DMI type 17, 40 bytes
Memory Device
        Array Handle: 0x0006
        Error Information Handle: Not Provided
        Total Width: 72 bits
        Data Width: 64 bits
        Size: 8192 MB
        Form Factor: DIMM
        Set: None
        Locator: NODE 0 DIMM_A1
        Bank Locator: Not Specified
        Type: DDR3
        Type Detail: Synchronous Registered (Buffered)
        Speed: 667 MHz
        Manufacturer: Samsung
        Serial Number: XXXXXXXX
        Asset Tag: Not Specified