[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Thu Mar 30 17:07:45 CEST 2017

On 28/03/2017, Dumitru Ursu <dima at ceata.org> wrote:
> On 03/22/2017 12:39 AM, Martin Roth wrote:
>> I guess I dislike this as a reason for choosing our license.  If some
>> future Stack Exchange replacement comes along using a different
>> license, what then?  We're stuck with what we've already picked.
>
> To work around this, either the rights should be transferred to Coreboot
> (if it has a legal entity that is),

A reasonable suggestion. It would allow Coreboot to dual-license the
content under additional licenses as might be necessary.

> or you can license it with something
> like "CC-BY-SA 3.0 or later"

That would not make sense, because all CC BY-SA licenses already
include a clause along the lines "this version of the license or a
later one". For example, see 4(b):
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

Regards