[coreboot] Vikings D16: First FSF Respect Your Freedom (RYF) certified mother board

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 30 09:28:36 CEST 2017

Dear David,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.03.2017, 07:40 +0200 schrieb David Hedlund:
> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
> [[[ Use this signature in you own emails to campaign for it. ]]]

s/you/your/

> "The Vikings D16 Mainboard was awarded Respects Your Freedom
> certification on March 6th, 2017. Certification details, including
> certified source code, will be posted soon.
>
> Purchase product:
> https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/d16-ryf-certfied" -
> https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
>
> <https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/d16-ryf-certfied>
> I started https://www.coreboot.org/Board:vikings/d16, can you please add
> it to https://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards ?

You do know that it is the same board as the Asus KGPE-D16, right? So I
wonder if the marketing name *Vikings D16 Mainboard* for the server
should be listed separately.

I suggest to just add a paragraph stating that it is the same board
with coreboot pre-installed, and link to the existing page.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://www.coreboot.org/Board:asus/kgpe-d16