[coreboot] Overheating on f2a85-m

Piotr Kubaj pkubaj at anongoth.pl
Sun Mar 26 18:26:42 CEST 2017

I've installed Coreboot on ASUS F2A85-M. Everything works fine, but the CPU overheats when doing something intensive (like video playing) and the OS crashes. Browsing the internet and watching movies doesn't make it sweat. I use FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE and Gentoo Linux.

My CPU is X4 750k. I lowered the RAM voltage to 1.35V but it doesn't really help. Enabling power saving features also doesn't make a difference. Everything works fine on vendor UEFI, so this issue is specific to Coreboot. Any idea what I can do?

/  A domineering man married a mere wisp \
| of a girl. He came back from his       |
| honeymoon a chastened man. He'd become |
\ aware of the will of the wisp.         /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||