[coreboot] Disabling Auto-Refresh of DRAM Using Coreboot

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 10:28:13 CET 2017

> For instance, the CPU may convey to the user during boot: “Your DRAM
claims it is made by manufacturer A but
> it is acting like it is made by manufacturer B. Manufacturer B is known
to be susceptible to these hardware trojans, defects, etc.”

Interesting work. To invent SW/FW algorithm to survey DRAM in order to find
out what are retention times, and based upon that to construct SPD flash
info.

The mortal problem with DDRs and refresh times waits just around the
corner, since the technology of the gate, upon shrinking (present gate
sizes around 22/20nm) the refreshing time drops. As the
stochastics/volatility about retention times rises. Very soon it'll hit
Dead End (around 16/14nm).

And... Hitting (with the current technology) The Dead End (complete denial
of Moore's Law, which is imminent), do you think it is worth?

Link to read.
<https://www.techinsights.com/uploadedFiles/Public_Website/Content_-_Primary/Marketing/2013/DRAM_Roadmap/Report/TechInsights-DRAM-ROADMAP-052013-LONG-version.pdf>

Well... It is a true experimental job, and I wish you good luck with it. :-)

Please, keep us posted!

Zoran