[coreboot] Group demographics

tturne at codeaurora.org tturne at codeaurora.org
Fri Mar 24 16:39:31 CET 2017

On 2017-03-24 08:23, ron minnich wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:14 AM <tturne at codeaurora.org> wrote:
>
>> Q.1) Are questions related to Coreboot + Payload that boots a
>> Chromebook
>> appropriate for this list or a ChromiumOS list?
>
> of course!

First the question and then the background.

Q) Are there any shipping commercial chromebooks that use depthcharge as
a payload?

Background...
  * coreboot tree only list 4 payload config files:  nyan, oak, purin,
veyron
  * chromium tree
.../src/third_party/chromiumos-overlay/sys-boot/coreboot/files/configs/
all have CONFIG_PAYLOAD_NONE=y
  * Google's recovery manifest (from linux_recovery.sh) can pull a
recovery image for a specific product, I have yet to find depthcharge as
a payload
  * Obviously I haven't pulled all of the recovery images, but have
looked at ~10
  * those interested in recovery image, /usr/sbin/chromeos_firmwareupdate
--sb_extract yields a bios.bin file that cbfstool can parse (i.e. is a
coreboot.rom file)

At this point I would be interested in any chromebook (even x86) that
ships with depthcharge as a payload.
Cheers,
T.mike