[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:52:05 CET 2017

Hey Sam. You're absolutely right, and I appreciate you pointing this
out.  We need to get this fixed.  Actually, as part of coreboot
joining the Software Freedom Conservancy, our documentation NEEDS an
open license of one sort or another.

Is there a reason we shouldn't switch to CC BY 4.0?

- Do we really need BY-SA?  How much of the coreboot documentation is
applicable anywhere else?  Why not just go with the least restrictive
license?

- Do we really care what Stack Exchange or any other group is using?
How much are we copying from them?

Here are the CC licenses: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
Discussion of CC BY-SA vs GFDL
:https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/GFDL_versus_CC-by-sa

Once we decide which license to switch to, I think we're going to have
to remove or rewrite any documentation contributions from people who
don't want to agree to the license or who can't be reached.

Martin