[coreboot] Intel Leafhill/Apollolake wrong CBFS header address in coreboot.rom

Gailu Singh gailu96 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 07:17:20 CET 2017

Hi Experts,

On Intel Leafhill board grub fails to find cbfsdisk. We tried to debug and
found that cbfs header address validation fails.

According to
https://github.com/mrnuke/coreboot/blob/master/documentation/cbfs.txt,
"A pointer to the location of the header will be located at offset -4 from
the end of the ROM. This translates to address 0xFFFFFFFC on a normal x86
system. The pointer will be to physical memory somewhere between -
0xFFFFB000 and 0xFFFFFFF0".

We checked the coreboot.rom in hex editor and address in last 4 bytes is
all ones (FFFFFFFF) as a result grub is not able to find cbfs header.

We have earlier used coreboot on baytrail and in the coreboot.rom cbfs
header address in last 4 byte was a valid pointer.

What is the location grub can find cbfs header on this board?