[coreboot] coreboot community meeting minutes for March 16th, 2017

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Mar 18 18:47:55 CET 2017

Thanks for sending out minutes!

Martin Roth wrote:
> * How do we feel about changing the coding style to move constants in
> comparisons to the left side?  if (0 == x) instead of (x == 0)
>    - The argument for doing this was that this style finds errors in any environment
>    - Ron is very opposed.

Oh Ron, don't be so lazy. ;)

It's a fantastic way to avoid errors. I have adopted this style and
it's one of those rare things which is annoying for maybe a week, but
goes on to benefit both you and everyone else forever after.

I encourage everyone to adopt it. You know, try it out for a week on
personal projects; challenge yourself to get used to it.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

//Peter