[coreboot] Suspend-to-RAM on Thinkpad X230

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 20:07:53 CET 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Gert Menke <gert at menke.ac> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> forget everything I said; this was a hardware issue.
>
> When I was first flashing coreboot, I had some problems with my SPI
> programmer and I was unsure if I had damaged the flash chip. So I replaced
> it (a MX25L3206E) with another one - a Winbond W25Q32 - that I programmed
> externally before soldering it on the board. I expected it to be
> sufficiently similar to the Macronix chip, and when flashing and booting
> and reprogramming from Linux worked without problems, I did no longer think
> about it. But obviously there are some subtle differences. I put back the
> MX25L3206E on the board, and now everyting, including suspend and resume,
> works fine.

We would like to have/keep possibility for changing SPI flash parts. It
would be nice if someone with knowledge on IFD would take a look if some
fields have to be modified and support that in ifdtool. I did found the ID
pair 0xEF 0x4016 there in your previous dump, it should have matched your
W25Q32.

Kyösti