[coreboot] Suspend-to-RAM on Thinkpad X230

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 13:08:03 CET 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Gert Menke <g.menke at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently installed coreboot on my Thinkpad X230 and overall I am pretty
> happy with it.
> Everything seems to work well, except one annoying problem: Suspend-to-RAM
> does not work correctly. Well, maybe suspend works correctly, but resume
> doesn't. Instead of resuming, the system simply boots like on power-on.

I think in general S3 has worked on sandy/ivy recently, but cannot tell
about X230 for sure.

> Since I'm pretty new to coreboot, I'm at a loss here. Is there something
> obvious that I might have missed?
> I'm using the current master revision from git
> (4eb155cee47557cd652d1a85fed5021b23f18a2a), and I'll attach my coreboot
> .config.

We'll likely need coreboot debug logs. You can get one for normal boot
using the tool under utils/cbmem, that might help us already. To collect
log from failing S3 resume you need to learn about usbdebug and possibly
get some FT232H or beaglebone hardware.

Also check ifdtool -d output. S3 resume requires host CPU has write access
to the part of SPI flash where MRC cache is located.

Kyösti