[coreboot] Some errors by compiling romstage (I am a newbie)

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Fri Mar 3 14:54:56 CET 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Maxim Gusev <mail at maximgusev.com> wrote:
> These options are supported.
> But the option -fno-pie is not supported (Don’t produce a position
> independent executable).
> Is it the reason of the fault?

I wouldn't think so. If you remove that option does it magically work?
>From the errors you showed -gc-sections along with -fdata-sections and
-ffunction-sections would have removed the unreferenced symbols and
not cause a link error. To prove that -f(data|function)-sections are
working can you provide the readelf -e output from an intermediate .o
file you compiled for romstage?