[coreboot] coreboot Digest, Vol 147, Issue 19

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 06:52:12 CEST 2017

Hi (again) coreboot:

I read the below from the digest.

Having brought the P2B-LS into coreboot along with RAM init to 440BX
northbridge and cache init to Slot 1 CPUs back in 2010, I am
interested in bringing this platform up to standard. Where can I read
up on this cbmem in romstage standard?

However, of the family I only have P2B-LS and P3B-F on hand to boot test.

I just checked out the master from git in case they are part of the readings.

Thanks
Keith

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:55 PM,  <coreboot-request at coreboot.org> wrote:
> Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 10:24:16 -0600
> From: Martin Roth <gaumless at gmail.com>
> To: coreboot <coreboot at coreboot.org>
> Subject: [coreboot] Platform / Chip removals after upcoming releases
>
> Along with the latest coreboot release, coreboot announced some standards
> for removing platforms after upcoming releases.

> will be removed.  Please see the list of platforms to be removed if no work
> is done to update them at the end of this email.

<snip>

> Code removal after the 4.7 release

<snip>
> The next expectation that will need to be met for all platforms is cbmem in
> romstage. This currently affects numerous platforms, including most, if not
> all of AMD's platforms. Work to update many of these platforms has started,
> but there are others that have not made any progress towards this goal. A
> list
> of the platforms that are affected by this is included at the end of this
> email.

<snip>