[coreboot] AMD EPYC and PSP

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jun 8 22:37:16 CEST 2017

Rene Shuster wrote:
> Not an expert obviously, but I was under the impression the Digital
> Restriction Management was achieved through Widevine. No?

DRM requires hardware support to be useful. If the Widevine software
component was solely responsible for DRM then another software
component running on the same system (e.g. in the kernel) would be
able to capture all video frames.

Please study Intel PAVP and Intel Insider. The best information I
have seen on the topic so far is Intel's ME book. Free PDF download
after registration.

http://www.apress.com/9781430265719

Chapter 8: Unleashing Premium Entertainment with Hardware-Based
Content Protection Technology

20 pages explain how it works.

//Peter