[coreboot] GRUB boot menu is not showing GRUB2

Dhanasekar Jaganathan jdhanasekarmca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 16:53:35 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to boot *Intel Rangeley CPU/ Mohon Peak *board by Coreboot. I
am using *GRUB2 *as a Payload.

In menuconfig, I have selected,

Add a payload - *GRUB2*
GRUB2 Version - *HEAD*.

My mSata has two fedora OS. When I boot the system, I am not seeing GRUB
boot load menu. System straightly booted to one of Fedora OS.

In */boot/default/grub*, I have changed* GRUB_TIMEOUT = -1* ( which stops
the system indefinitely at boot menu in GRUB2). Still system is not
stopping at boot menu.

With other vendor BIOS on my board, I am seeing boot menu. I have observed
they were using GRUB 2.02_Beta version.

So, I have checked out GRUB 2.02_Beta and complied the source which
produced *grub2.elf*.
And, I have modified Payload as * Add a Payload* = *An ELF executable
payload *and given the path of *grub2.elf*.

After flashing this BIOS on my board, I am seeing error message,

*lzma: Decodeing error = 1*
*Payload not loaded.*

FYR, I have attached my *.config* file, Please view it.

Can you please help me to solve this issue?.

Thanks,
Dhanasekar