[coreboot] An introduction..

Goat ibex at openmailbox.org
Tue Jul 25 08:50:23 CEST 2017

Hey folks,

I'm relatively new to this mailing list (it's actually the first mailing
list I've joined).  So, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm not sure if
using an alias is proper on this mailing list (??); but, I arrive with
one.  Hopefully, my etiquette is in line.

I was turned on to Coreboot, through Libreboot and their work, I
believe, probably somewhere around 2 maybe 3 years back.  I'm a
GNU/Linux fan and free software enthusiast.  I can speak C, but not
fluently, or probably very well.

If my knowledge of the history of this project and it's current state
serves me correct, there are a lot of serious heavyweights and
professionals in the crowd.  I could not count myself among you; but, do
share a love for computing.

I'm somewhat familiar with the build environment for the official
Coreboot releases.  I've successfully built and flashed roms for the
KGPE-D16, M57SLI-S4, F2A85M, and of course the Lenovo X60. Though there
are several out there already supplying Coreboot/Libreboot systems for
fees (very nice ones), it has been a goal of mine to count myself among
them and be able to provide liberated systems.

Hopefully, I can contribute to the project and more boards continue to
be liberated.  Also, many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this
project.

-goat