[coreboot] Volunteer needed to host the North American coreboot conference 2018

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:32:00 CEST 2017

We are currently looking for a volunteer to host the 2018 North American
coreboot conference.

The only real requirements for the location is that it's relatively close
to a major airport and that it can hold 30-50 people comfortably.  From the
feedback we got after the Denver conference, it sounds like a 4 day
conference is most desirable, with 2 formal days of presentations, and 2
optional days of hacking.

Main responsibilities would include:
- Booking and setting up the venue (or venues)
- Organizing Lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Organizing after-conference activities
- Setup for Presentations and recording the presentations

Additional tasks that the coreboot project can help with:
- Organizing talks
- Promotion (Website, announcements on the mailing list, and IRC)
- Billing
- Badges
- Swag

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free reply here or to
email me off-list.

Thanks.
Martin