[coreboot] Hi-DPI displays and showing text information for kevin in depthcharge

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Mon Jul 17 22:11:56 CEST 2017

I wouldn't scale at compile time (as said, storage constrained payloads
might not be happy about that).

I wouldn't scale each character up on each access though (we won't hardware
accelerate the scaling, and yes, that does get slow - framebuffers aren't
always the fastest type of memory and that way the access pattern is the
same set of memcpy()s as for any other huge font, so we won't need to deal
with "fast fonts" and "slow fonts" beyond basic geometry characteristics),
but synthesize a new font in the regular font table at init-time and then
use it like any pre-existing font (just that it happened to be added after
load).

--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: