[coreboot] "Qemu_coreboot_coreinfo.zip" is corrupted

Utku Gültopu ugultopu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:25:13 CEST 2017

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply. I had initially followed Lesson 1. Although I
was able to build the Coreboot and Coreinfo successfully, when I ran
the package (coreboot + coreinfo) on Qemu, the screen that appeared
had only a green, narrow band which read "coreinfo 0.1". That is, I
did not get any interaction with the Coreinfo program by pressing any
keys.

Also, after around a minute, Qemu is crashing with the following messages:

     e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00002410. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00002418. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00002420. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00002428. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00002430. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00003410. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00003418. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00003420. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00003428. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00003430. It is not fully
implemented.
    e1000: Writing to register at offset: 0x00010000. It is not fully
implemented.
    qemu-system-x86_64: Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at
0x00000000000a0000
    This usually means one of the following happened:

    (1) You told QEMU to execute a kernel for the wrong machine type,
and it crashed on startup (eg trying to run a raspberry pi kernel on a
versatilepb QEMU machine)
    (2) You didn't give QEMU a kernel or BIOS filename at all, and
QEMU executed a ROM full of no-op instructions until it fell off the
end
    (3) Your guest kernel has a bug and crashed by jumping off into nowhere

    This is almost always one of the first two, so check your command
line and that you are using the right type of kernel for this machine.
    If you think option (3) is likely then you can try debugging your
guest with the -d debug options; in particular -d guest_errors will
cause the log to include a dump of the guest register state at this
point.

    Execution cannot continue; stopping here.

Do you observe the same problem when you follow the instructions in
Lesson 1 and build Coreboot and Coreinfo from the sources? I am
attaching the screenshot of Coreinfo.

Regards