[coreboot] for Lenovo G505S owners: AtomBIOS ROMs (discrete too!), binaries, datasheets...

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 23:48:37 CEST 2017

Good day! Together with my friend Ivan we have opened a new GitHub page,

https://github.com/g505s-opensource-researcher

and created 3 repositories there:

1) g505s-atombios
AMD AtomBIOS video bios releases for G505S Integrated HD-8650G and
discrete HD-8570M / R5-M230 GPUs

2) g505s-proprietary
Proprietary stuff: InsydeH20 closed source BIOS files, documents,
binaries and datasheets for G505S

Their files were described at our previous messages:

https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-July/084660.html
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-July/084671.html
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-June/084569.html

All the SHA-256 checksums are available at sha256sum.txt text files

Also, we are going to set up 3) a bit later:

3) g505s-coreboot
coreboot open source BIOS releases for AMD-based Lenovo G505S laptop
with A10-5750M quad core APU

"3)" could be especially useful for the people who just recently
became interested at coreboot/SeaBIOS projects - and would like to
quickly test on their G505S laptop because of the official BIOS
shortcomings (WiFi whitelist / poor thermal management)

By the way, there were two typos at Ivan's cbfstool.sh script - two
missing "\" characters at the end of line. g505s-atombios repository
has a working version

Have the great weekends and happy hacking ;-)

Wish you all the best,
Mike Banon